twitter
rss

You may have noticed that I've yet to post the book review I mentioned last week. That's because I've yet to actually finish the book!

Somehow life has got in the way of my goal - but that's not to say that I've been neglectful of my writing. On the contrary, I have managed to write a few blog posts, create a character sketch for my protagonist, start creating a broad plot outline for MG novel, do some research on setting and main character details, start sketching out the details for some of my secondary characters, and continue researching different aspects of craft. 

This brings me to the point of today's blog. It's human nature to focus on the things we haven't accomplished or done well, but in doing so we miss opportunities to celebrate all of the things that we have achieved. 

It's easy for writers to beat themselves up about not reaching their word count goal or writing as many chapters as they'd hoped. But writing is so much more than just putting pen to paper and churning out pages. A great story sometimes needs a bit of research, and ALWAYS  requires a lot of thinking space. 

Tip: If you're one of those people that's focused on what they haven't achieved - STOP! Try making a list of all of the things you have got done and you'll probably find that they amount to a whole lot more work than you first gave yourself credit for. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment